As a factory manager, you have range of responsibilities under your belt, production management, streamlining processes, making sure health and safety guidelines are adhered to, and keeping employees productive and happy to name but a few.
But the maintenance and upkeep of the factory is something successful factory managers need to address, as poor working conditions not only can lead to employee dissatisfaction which affects productivity but it can also be dangerous in terms of health and safety.
With loads of information at our fingertips, it can be hard to decide between certain products and even brands when updating and maintaining your factory, especially when it comes to choosing things like factory flooring. However, with the right questions in place, this search could be made a lot easier.
That’s why we’ve compiled a list of important questions to ask when choosing new flooring for your factory, so you don’t make any mistakes when it comes to finding the perfect factory flooring.
- Price– This is undoubtedly the first thing factory managers have to think about when maintaining or updating factories or warehouses. You need a flooring solution that doesn’t compromise quality for lower prices.
- Durability– Heavy machine usage and footfall are normal in factories so you need a floor that can cope with these pressures, reduce fatigue and stand the test of time.
- Health and Safety – Employee and machinery safety are key on factor floors, you need a factory flooring solution that is slip resistant, CE accredited, and fire retardant.
- Variety– Colour and branding of your floor can make a huge impact on the look and feel of your factory. You need to consider what type of flooring you think will add maximum value and if branding should be present.
- Reliability – You want to buy from a reputable flooring company that uses quality product materials and manufacturing processes, offers warranty and great customer satisfaction.
- Installation– Maintenance and upgrading of your factory shouldn’t take away from any work processes so you need to consider a flooring option that’s quick and easy to install and doesn’t affect your production.
- Maintenance– It’s vital to install flooring that is easily cleaned and maintained. You need a factory floor that is easily mopped, dries quickly and doesn’t leak water through tiles onto your sub floor.
- Life Span – With certain types of floor, especially epoxy resin, it can be a hassle to relay flooring every couple of years which can cause all sorts of logistical problems. It’s best to look for a flooring solution that has a longer life span which means less hassle down the line.
With these questions in mind you should be better informed as to what type of flooring best suits your factory. If you decide that PVC interlocking floor tiles are your best option then you can read more about R-Tile’s range of industrial interlocking floor tiles.